Why is the Placenta so important for post-birth healing?
During and after a normal vaginal delivery (including post-natal bleeding) a new mother will lose between 1/8 to 1/10 of her body’s blood supply. With caesarean section births, blood loss can be significantly more. Losing a large amount of iron so quickly can cause anemia, leaving a new mum feeling tired, faint and exhausted. The blood needs high supplies of iron to carry oxygen to the cells. Low supplies of oxygen leave your cells starving and less able to heal after trauma.
Placenta encapsulation benefits the new mother by supplying incredibly rich meaty iron, amino acids and essential fats which we believe is the perfect replenishment following the physical exertion of pregnancy, labour and birth. You can learn more here.
Placenta remedies have been reported by mothers to:
- Reduce postpartum bleeding
- Encourage a quick and healthy milk supply
- Balance hormonal peaks and drops
- Increase energy levels
- Lesson baby blues and postnatal depression
- Improve the appearance of skin/hair/nails
- Quicker recovery postpartum.